Friday, November 28, 2008

Today I made it through 12 hours of black Friday. I worked from 6am to 6pm (the whole time on a register). I have to admit at about 3pm I thought I wasn't going to make it, but I persevered and got through it. Here are my 3 biggest pet peeves of the day:

1. Managers not keeping track of time and making me take my 30 minute break 10 minutes after my 15 minute break. (that left 31/2 hours of straight register time).
2. People not reading the sale signs. (that means when they get to the register if they have 10 items they only get 3)
3. The people that grab everything they want then when up at the register they have you price check everything (the price comes up on the register for them, I don't want to say every price for them) then they take 10 minutes to decide what they are actually going to get (while I am standing there trying to figure out what to scan to make the process a bit faster) then them only getting two or three things because of pet peeve #2.

That will be all I say about Black Friday. Really it wasn't horrible, just really long.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pet Peeve number four...people who get freaked out by that new horror movie...Quantum Solace...the nerve of some people.

Kris said...

hey...i have been there. just take the opportunity to people watch...that will be so interesting it will get you through anything. people are so funny.

kw

Kris said...

ps

i have a gcc blogger roll and i just added you!

kw