Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Forgotten Tour #2-6?

Okay. So I had this whole plan of writing everyday of the tour. I was going to give an amazing detailed update everyday of what we were doing and the experiences I had. But obviously that did not happen. I wrote a post the first day of tour and now we are headed back to Dallas. Lets just say, it is more busy on tour than you would think. We are sitting in Birmingham Alabama for the night while the driver gets some rest before driving again tomorrow. We are either going to get to Dallas tomorrow night or Wednesday morning. I can’t wait for my bed, my shower, and just to be in my apartment again. I love having my own place and my own time and there has not been much of that lately. But as much as I miss all those things, I have had a lot of fun on this trip. Each venue has brought new experiences and I guess you could say twists. Oronogo was a great night as a starting point. It was fun for me because it was for the most point a familiar place. I went to church there for four years and knew a few people there already. The kids were awesome too. There were about 350 junior and high school kids and they were a lot of fun. Seeing my best friends was pretty amazing too. Friday night we were in Lafayette Indiana. It was a shock going from 350 youth group kids to 40 adults. They were great though. I think they really got the core of the message. They understood the need for us to help those in need. They were ready that night to go out and do something. Nashville was our next stop. We were at Crosspoint Church and they were awesome. They were so accommodating and ready to help us. That night was really cool. I am not sure how many people were there but it seemed like 500 because of their energy. They were so into everything that we were doing. When Kyle came up to the stage they gave him a standing ovation. I think all around it as a favorite night on the trip. Then tonight we were in Atlanta. We were at a coffee shop in the 4th Ward and it was a really cool stop. The coffee shop was really chill and relaxed so it made the presentation pretty different than the venues we usually had. I really liked it though. On Wednesday we have our last stop which is in Colleyville. It will be interesting to see how that one ends up. I am excited to take our message to our home church. I think it will be a great time.

Check out lovingpeople.org and remedy4thisheart.com for more info on the tour!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great post. you need to write more, because when you do its worth reading.